Your home should be a ‘sacred’ place.
Keeping it clean and tidy should be a priority to you if you want your home to be ‘organized’. A clutter-free home can become an impossible task if you do not stick to a certain plan. If you find yourself struggling between work and the desire for a clutter-free home, here are 6 ways to achieve that :
1. Do not overkeep. Look through your stuff daily if you have the time or at least monthly. Whatever is broken, old or is no longer useful can be discarded. Do not hold useless things.
2. Organize. Whenever you see clutter starting to take over, spend 15 minutes sorting everything, placing them where they need to go and then move on to the next task.
3. Clean one thing daily. In order to keep your home clutter-free, you should clean it thoroughly and regularly from dust, dirt, grime.
4. Tackle the mail. The daily mail can definitely endanger the task of maintaining a clutter-free home. The mail could include bills, flyers or catalogs. If they are not essential, throw it out.
5. Handle the laundry. The laundry is often the guilty party for a messy home. Keep laundry in a laundry basket and store it there until you wash it. After your clothes are all clean and dry, put them in the wardrobe.
6. Giveaway. Once a month, clear your wardrobe from all the clothes you do not longer fancy wearing. Put them in a bag and donate them. This is a win-win situation, because you clear up your space and in the same time help someone who is in need.
7. Less stuff, less clutter. Try to restrain yourself from buying unnecessary things for a week. Your home is probably full of things and stuff, which you have never used and clothes you have never worn. So you could definitely get through the week without buying a new T-shirt.